Saturday, April 25, 2009

Retro Apple Logo

Was recently at a conference and saw many MacBook Airs. Very thin, very light. My MacBook Pro is a weighty beast... and whilst it's not a problem to carry it around with me, the Air weighs about as much as the pad of paper I also had with me at the time.

More on that later though, as I haven't finished deciding what I'll do about that yet...

I've been thinking about how to make my Mac stand out from the rest. My MacBook Pro had a bit of a scratch and a ding on the front so I bought a replacement lid panel on eBay.

I noticed the area where the logo is and wondered if I could change the colour of it. I stumbled across a website that offered a variety of different designs and colours made out of opaque plastics.



I chose the retro Apple logo and installation was a breeze. Done in about 30 minutes from start to finish - it looks great.

More photos to follow soon - comment if you want further information!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Martin! I saw the link to your blog on macrumors forum. How did you modify your mac with the colored logo ? I looking to buy a new macbook pro, and i think that the old logo is much better than the "white one" .

    Regards, Victor

    ReplyDelete